This week students from year 7 were invited to Baraza to feed back their thoughts to Mr Zafar on their French or Spanish lessons. Students really seemed to understand the importance of learning a language and how it will benefit them in the future.
Here's what they said:
WWW (what went well....)
- Students like the fact that they do lots of different varied activities including fun games and not just writing!
- Watching films in foreign languages with English subtitles is interesting (this is also a great idea for students to do at home if they want to improve their French/ Spanish)
- The progress chart is very useful to see much we are learning- this will be shared with other subjects as a model of good practice
- We like learning about the countries that speak French and Spanish too.
- We could have had more languages teaching at primary school- FP2 will investigate how we could support local primary schools to help prepare students better for secondary school languages
- For students that are slow with their writing or need more help, could these students be given work sheets?- yes
- Can we "work more things out for ourselves rather than being told"?- yes
- Could we have a quiz in every topic e.g. Kahoot?- we will try this when there is relevant points in the learning
- Could we listen to French and Spanish songs?- yes
Also if students need help with their French or Spanish the Duolingo app can be useful: